Tuesday 3 November 2009

Textiles Workshop (20/10/09-16/11/09)

Screen Printing on Fabric



I got the oppertunity to try out screen printing on fabric. I transferred my stencilling skills from my print making workshop,to create this design. I was really happy with how it turned out on the various materials I chose.


Prints on a plain and polka dot chiffon.


Prints on denim and cotton.


Headdress Challenge




























I was set the task to create a Walter Van Beirendonck headdress using completly different media than the original. (The original was made from balsa wood) I used a bamboo frame, colored tissue paper as pompoms and beige fabric. I used interfacing and bondaweb to make the fabric, which would allow it to stand on its own without wilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment